VDOT’s Annual Budget for FY 2020
VDOT’s annual budget for Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 is $6.4 billion, representing a 20% increase from the FY 2019 budget. The increase is primarily driven by the Hampton Roads Transportation Accountability Commission’s contribution to the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Expansion Project.
The annual budget is based on the most recent official state revenue forecast from December 2018 and estimated federal funding.
- $402.4 million – Debt service
- $2.2 billion – Road maintenance and operations (includes city and county street payments)
- $589.3 million – Support to other agencies, tolls, administration and other programs
- $2.7 billion – Construction
- $485.1 million – Funding dedicated to Northern Virginia and Hampton Roads Regions for local and regional transportation projects
$6.4 billion – Total VDOT annual budget